In our current incarnation, we are a center that keeps fifteen full time children aged two and up, staffed by a long-time alumnus, Dan and Carol’s son, Noah Boone, and his wife Kate Vincent, with part time support from Carol and Dan. It is a testament to Carol’s House that both the staff and clients are multi-generational! Please give us a call or send an email to ask questions or schedule a visit.
Snacks and Lunch
We provide morning (10:30) and afternoon (4:15) snacks every day, and prepare a nutritious lunch (1:00) Monday through Thursday. Children bring their lunches on the first and third Fridays and we make pizza from scratch on the second and fourth (and fifth when applicable) Fridays.
Please let us know if you have any special dietary concerns! We strive to provide all of our kids with healthy and safe food choices.
Tuition, Hours and Holidays
We charge a flat, full-time monthly fee. Carol’s House is open from 7:45 am to 5:15 pm, Monday through Friday. We are closed one week each summer and winter and for major holidays. We provide a calendar at the beginning of each school year listing the days we will be closed.
- Carol’s House is open Monday- Friday. 7:45 am- 5:15 pm
- We care for children two and up.
- Children in diapers are welcome; we lovingly support children as they are ready to transition to underwear.
- Each day we provide a morning and afternoon snack and lunch, except the first and third Fridays of the month when families send a lunch from home.
- We strive to accommodate dietary restrictions and have worked with children with vegetarian, vegan and allergy-conscious diets.
- Carol’s House is open all year, with the exception of most national holidays, a week in the summer, a week in the winter, and a few days throughout the year which usually correspond with closings at OU and Norman Public Schools.
- We offer only full time spots and require children to attend from 10:00 am- 2:00 pm most of the year. This allows children to become confident members of their small community and to fully absorb the unit curriculum.
- During the summer, families can sign up for vacation time which allows alumni families to return to Carol’s House during their break from elementary school. These months are much loved by both the younger and older crew, as well as by Noah and Kate.
- Children at Carol’s House are rarely broken up by age group allowing the older children to become more effective teachers and younger students to have many opportunities to learn.
- Our focus at Carol’s House is on the growth of the whole child, however we also enjoy delving into academic material. This is expressed through play and identified as color-, shape-, number- and letter-of-the-week, week or two-week units covering the seasons, animals, insects, seeds/food production, dinosaurs, animal classification and more. We also take every chance we get to use incidental learning opportunities to explore the world around us, and the subjects that children are particularly interested in.